Over the last ten years, numerous jurisdictions have introduced standards and legislation to govern the impact businesses are having on the environment and on human rights. This year has seen a legislative proposal for a EU Directive on Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence, and on 1st January 2023 Germany will introduce the Supply Chain Due Diligence Act, affecting companies with 3,000+ employees headquartered or with a branch in Germany.
With such a strong focus on compliance in corporate supply chains, it is crucial for businesses to assess their status quo when it comes to managing their third parties, and to take active steps towards a strong and traceable compliance program. In parallel to the focus on supply chains, businesses are concentrating more and more on Environmental Social Governance (ESG). There are natural synergies between both areas, which support a successful program.
In our highly practical webinar, our compliance experts discuss the results of a recently conducted, proprietary benchmarking survey to assess companies’ supply chain resilience and provide the following insights:
- Advice for organizations on how to get started on their third party compliance journey
- How compliance professionals can build cross-departmental coalitions within their organization
- How each department can get involved to drive compliance
- Practical steps that organizations can take now to be prepared for legislative change
- The connection between supply chain compliance and a successful ESG program
Speakers: Paula Davis (Founder & Director, Waypoint GRC), Jeff Hyre (Vice President Sales, SAI360) and Steffi Prange-Jones (Sales DACH, SAI360)