The issue of systemic racism is a much-discussed topic in our society and in the political arena, but it also manifests itself in negative ways within the workplace. Racism and inequality in work environments have been shown to negatively impact both individual employee performance and overall company success.
SAI360’s “Addressing Systemic Racism in the Workplace” training course, developed in partnership with the National Association of Black Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (NABCRMP), addresses this sensitive yet important and critical aspect of today’s society and workplaces—systemic racism that affects Blacks, Latinx, Asian Americans, Indigenous people, and people of color in the U.S. and globally.
The course, which we discussed in detail in a recent webinar with the NABCRMP team, helps organizations address systemic racism and build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive (DEI) professional environment with sensitivity and pragmatism.
This course identifies the impact of racism and helps employees learn how to collectively foster an inclusive work environment. Topics include:
- Historic and contemporary examples of systemic racism and impacts within the workplace
- Benefits of addressing systemic racism and encouraging diversity and promoting equity for organizations
- Examples of microaggressions
- How to effectively address systemic racism in thoughtful and sincere ways as an individual employee and as an organization
- The four dimensions of systemic racism
While the DEI training course primarily covers systemic racism in the U.S. workplace, it also highlights systemic racism globally and its negative workplace impacts.
Why address systemic racism in your organization?
- Inclusive teams outperform their peers by 80% in team-based assessments
- Ethnically diverse companies outperform industry norms by 35%
- Companies with more women on the board statistically outperform their peers over a long period of time.
- Companies that have more diverse management teams produce 19% higher revenue
- Employees indicate when their company works toward equity there are more equitable working conditions and greater opportunities to thrive professionally.
To learn more about our “Addressing Systemic Racism in the Workplace” learning experience, please complete this form or reach out to your SAI360 account manager. The training is available to rapidly launch within your organization.
Read about our partnership with the NABCRMP.
Watch our webinar featuring experts from the NABCRMP on addressing systemic racism.
Or, request a demo to understand how we’ve helped organizations like yours.