2023 Healthcare Compliance Benchmark Report
This report provides the results from the 14th annual Healthcare Compliance Benchmark Survey, conducted by SAI360 and Strategic Management Services, LLC. Objectives of the survey included gaining a better understanding of the status and progress of compliance program development in the healthcare sector. Included questions related to the current state of healthcare compliance, including demographic data, resource levels, reporting relationships, compliance program operations, challenges, and priorities for 2023.
The Office of Inspector General and the Department of Justice both note that having an effective compliance program can be a mitigating factor when assessing culpability that could potentially reduce or aggravate penalties and/or settlement terms.
Preparation of the survey and analysis of the results was by Richard P. Kusserow, former DHHS Inspector General and CEO of Strategic Management Services.
Download the report to evaluate how your budget aligns with the industry and compare your challenges and priorities for 2023.
- Budget expectations and staffing level changes
- The ongoing effects of COVID-19 on compliance programs
- Priorities for the operation of the compliance office, including work plan priorities for high-risk areas, methods for evidencing program effectiveness, and accretion of added duties and responsibilities
- Organizational risk methodology practices
- Addressing HIPAA Privacy and Security and more
Download the report: