CEO of Strategic Management Services
There are seven standard elements of compliance programs that have been promoted by the U.S. Sentencing Commission and the Office of Inspector General (OIG) in guidelines and guidance on compliance programs. To be effective, a compliance program needs to have these elements supported by a number of underpinnings to be effective in meeting regulatory standards and to reduce the likelihood of potential liabilities. This webinar will focus on the underpinnings or building blocks for each of the seven compliance program elements.
Former Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Inspector General Richard Kusserow will provide the following insight:
- An overview of Health and Human Services (HHS) OIG compliance guidance on the seven standard elements
- The underpinning building blocks to support each of the seven elements
- Ideas on how to identify gaps and weaknesses in the compliance program
- Standards for each of the seven elements, along with supporting building blocks
- Information on how to use the building blocks to evidence program effectiveness
- Steps to quickly, easily, and inexpensively add supporting building blocks to your program
Richard P. Kusserow served as the DHHS Inspector General for eleven years and is the CEO of Strategic Management Services that provides healthcare compliance advisory services. He possesses special and unique expertise involving compliance program development, management, evaluation and enhancements. He has published eight books and dozens of articles on compliance and investigations. Under his leadership, Strategic Management has provided consulting assistance to over 3,000 healthcare organizations and entities.
Please register to view our webinar on-demand: